Re: [NTLK] swapping between ethernet and wavelan

From: Steven DeRyke (sderyke2002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 16:23:43 PDT

I think what you are seeing is an old (possibly
forgotten) problem of "stiction".

The lubricant used in the old Mac hard drives would
degrade and fail after years such that the motor would
not be strong enough to spin the disk up reliably.
Keeping the disk active for long periods of time would
serve to get the lubricant fluid again (if of course
you were able to get it to boot in the first place).
But there is really no solution other than putting a
new drive in.

Steve

--- Rhonda Hyslop <0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net>