Re: [NTLK] Newton eBooks and screen sizing

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 07:30:47 PDT

MKow1234_at_aol.com wrote:
> Hello Allan, et al:
> I create most Newton eBooks in the MP Landscape mode. In the case of
> children's books, I use the eMate mode, and I typically choose a larger font size, to
> make it easier for children to read. One problem with changing the font
> sizing is that the entire eBook must then be reformatted, so that chapter titles
> start at or near the tops of pages, and so that "orphan" text is reduced.

Not eMate landscape mode right? IIRC that mode is only viewable on the eMate,
since it's too big for any other device (unless you kill the button bar on a 2x00)

> I have thought about switching to the "other" program to make eBooks
> (BookMaker?), but I don't know squat about it. I have kept the formatted .rtf and
> NP! files that I used to create the NewtonPress books; it would be nice if I
> could send these files on to somebody who is knowledgeable with BookMaker, for
> the final conversion process. (Any takers?)

BookMaker is documented - it's basicially just a markup language embedded in
RTF.

http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/development/Bookmaker