Re: [NTLK] Emate and storage cards

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:54:04 PDT

> And out of all of those cards, it will write to my 32 meg card,
> which must be a 5v read, 5v write I guess. Just funny!
>
> Doctor Clu

Yes the Emate can only write with 5v. Why they did it that way I have
no idea. Check http://www.mac3.de/sig/newton/memory_cards.html it has
good information on cards what which ones work with what. It does not
have all of them that do work, but it gives you a good start to know
what to look for. The Newt itself can be picky though. I have one card
that reads fine on a 130 but it can't write to it and it is all the
right voltages! Works fine on a 2000 though.

-Dan