[NTLK] FreeKey Project?

From: Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail (izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 17:20:48 PDT

To those who showed interest in FreeKey on previous posts or those
interested in FreeKey, this is for you.

I would like to know how much interest there is from all of you about
seeing the innards and possibly the inner workings of the FreeKey.

I have made a proposal to Frank Gruendel concerning FreeKey. I have
tried without any success opening the FreeKey. I hope my Fank will be
interested in opening FreeKey and thereby relating his findings back to
the community.

I know many of you are curious about this otherwise very simple device
designed for the Newton 1x0. I have let Frank know via email, that I am
more then willing to send him my FreeKey for the purpose of opening and
documenting the innards.

At the same time, I am trying hard to find out about the original
hardware/software developer, but as others have said, he is indeed,
very difficult to make contact with, or from another angle, have emails
replied to. I hope this gap can somehow be filled. I would feel better
if the original developer were aware of this effort, he may be opposed
to the idea, or he may love the idea and just let us in on all the
tidbits regarding his work.

If there is interest and/or protest etc., questions and so on, please
post back.

I would love to here what you think

Alex