Re: [NTLK] BrainWipe

From: Steven DeRyke (sderyke2002_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:18:57 PDT

I don't think an ethernet card is going to do you any good on brain wiped Newton (but I could be wrong). The reason I say this is because the Newton doesn't know about ethernet drivers until they are loaded and no way to load it until you can connect it to a Mac or PC which you can't do with the ethernet card because the Newton doesn't have a driver - see the vicious circle! That is why you first have to connect with a serial connection kit to at least load the driver for the ethernet card you want to use.

I am open to being wrong about this but I think that is the way it works. Anyone else have an opinion?
Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail <izabella.misiewiczsantos_at_neostrada.pl> wrote:
Not sure I understand, I only need a card like the 3COm Etherlink III
cards?

http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=29001848

After my newton is brainwiped will this PCMCIA card be of use to me?

With a PCMCIA card like this one I can connect to my emac 1Ghz ethernet
port?