Re: [NTLK] Ethernet Cards: 2 or 3 Questions

From: Thomas A Isenbarger (isen_at_plantpath.wisc.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 06:59:17 PDT

On Aug 13, 2004, at 1:59 AM, WL wrote:

> I uploaded a year or two ago a sound.pkg that says "You've got spam!"
> :-P
> Everytime I download my email I ~kinda~ laugh. :-o
> Check the settings in Prefs. for the sound levels. IIRC. HTH!
>
> At 01:03 PM 8/12/2004, you wrote:
>> in mail v, you can set a 'new mail' sound. does it work? i have mine
>> set to 'do re mi', but i never hear it.

I hear other sounds, such as when I tap and select items. another
problem I forgot to mention was that when i set the 'schedule' to check
email every morning at 7 am it never runs it. does this option work
for people? since all these things seem to be problematic with my mail
v (no new mail sound, ignoring filtering settings, no automatic mail
checking), what can i do to fix them? delete its prefs file?

tom isenbarger