[NTLK] NewtChat followup

From: David Hitt (dhitt_at_hatbag.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 10:41:25 PDT

First off, I wanted to offer a huge THANK YOU to the entire community.
Thanks to this great resource, I just successfully took my Newt online
via WiFi at work for the first time, finally checking off the last of
my major to-dos!

Except--I still can't get NewtChat to work, and I just wanted to make
sure the problem I'm having is the same one other people have reported.
  Sometimes NewtChat doesn't connect--when it goes to AOL, it just
doesn't get through at all.
But other times, when it uses the 205. address someone mentioned
earlier, it completes the connection process, and then--basically,
nothing. I very quickly appear and disappear on other people's buddy
lists, but the NewtChat windows are blank--my buddy list doesn't show
up.
I haven't registered NewtChat, 'cause I wanted to make sure it worked
properly before I paid for it, but it was my understanding the
unregistered version worked for 5 minutes per session, not total.
Any thoughts?
Using an IM client on the Newt was the one major thing I wanted to do
that I haven't been able to yet. I also tried the bitbee method
someone mentioned here recently, but didn't reach the point where I
actually had that working yet either, but I think I'd prefer to stick
with NewtChat if I can get it working.
Thanks in advance,
David