[NTLK] Need ChatBuddy Tester

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 08:40:50 PDT

Since it seems that there are no regular users of ChatBuddy out there,
I have one other request to ask from some kind person out there. I'm a
registered owner of ChatBuddy, and while I didn't use it that
frequently, it always worked flawlessly when I did need to use it.
Never had problems connected to any channel I wished.

Now something seems broken, and I can't tell if it's some new protocol
that IRC has introduced that makes ChatBuddy obsolete, or if I'm doing
something wrong on my end. It still connects to the particular IRC
server with no problem, and it writes lines to the Console, but it
never actually connects to the channel I've selected like it used to.
It just sort of sits there saying "Requesting Channel #Whatever", but
never actually connects.

When this happens, the app isn't frozen at all. I can still tap around,
everything is functional, so I don't think it's a memory issue (I'm on
a MP2100). It definitely seems to be something the server is looking
for, but isn't getting from the Newton.

Could someone out there that has ChatBuddy sitting on their Newton, try
and log into any #channel through any IRC network and see if they're
successful logging into a channel so they can converse with the people
in that channel? And then report back to list if you've had success
logging in or not? At least this would confirm my theory as to whether
the problem is on the server side or specific to my Newton setup.

Thanks a bunch!

--
David Deranian
Digital Arts & Sciences, Inc.