[NTLK] WaveLAN Bronze Card

From: Sean Riddle (swriddle_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 22:46:07 PDT

I believe I may have purchased something a bit rashly. eBay brings that
out in me. I bought a WaveLAN Bronze PCMCIA card for a MP2x00 (not sure
which yet). Well, it's mine now, but it hasn't shipped yet, and I'm not
quite sure if this'll work. The card is a bit old, so I wasn't able to
track down much solid technical data on it.

I have a couple of questions I was hoping the Newton community would be
able to answer easily:

1) I know this is an 802.11 card. I neglected to find out 802.11 what.
Is it 'a', or 'b'?
2) I know 3.3V cards are very bad for Newtons. I know this comes in 5V,
but there was no such information given about the product. Is it
possible I purchased an incompatible card?

Oh, and thanks for responses regarding connection via serial and
bootstrapping. Very helpful.

- Sean