Re: [NTLK] SER-001 Board

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 11:57:23 PDT

>> install? I looked at the website of mrpcbman, but the pictures on the
>> site aren't very informative. Also, does the installation change the
>> dimensions of the MP? (I don't see how it couldn't)

   The hardest part is getting the case open, at least until you've done
it 4 or 5 times) Hints for opening the case easier: use a very thin
screwdriver to push in the tabs at the bottom, separate the that part
of the case, and then slowly work you're way up. The tab around the
power switch is the hardest.

   After that, the board just pushes onto the internal serial connector
- make sure it's completely seated, and then there are a couple of
screws to hold it in place. When the case is back together, the
SER-001 board might cause the back to bulge out just a little.

Jim