Re: [NTLK] [OT] Some wise words (Computer Chronicles)

From: Mike Detlefsen (mdetlefsen_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 10:16:59 PDT

On Tuesday, August 17, 2004, at 09:23 AM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada
Mail wrote:

> Anyway, one of the hosts of the show, if I am not mistaken was the
> founder of Digital Research.

Gary Kildall (founder of DRI) was one of the original co-hosts of the
Computer Chronicles, along with Jim Warren. I watched that program for
many years.

I still use GEM once in a while when I fire up the Atari ST to play
Airball or Time Bandit. It uses a CP/M based version of GEM. Like the
Newton, there is still an active user base for the ST (although unlike
the Newton user base, it doesn't include me).

Mike