[NTLK] Globetrotter/ Vodafone Mobile Connect Card n Newton

From: Dave Bellamy (dave_bellamy_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 01:55:19 PDT

Hi All

I was cruising through the on-line auction sites and noticed that there
are a number of the new Vodafone GPRS PC cards around. Vodafone have
been advertising their red pc-cards lately I have been wondering if the
Newton was compatible with this new technology. A little more cruising
brought me to the Option site, via Vodafone's site. I discovered that
they are basically one in the same card and that according to an old
post (by Doppler I think), it should work with the Newton. How cool
would that be?

So here's my questions - has anyone got the drivers talked about in the
posts, and also a detailed explanation of how to configure the various
bits and bobs? Also, does anyone know if the Option Combo Card works as
well or just the plain GPRS card? The Combo card has WiFi, W-LAN as
well as GPRS.

On a related question. Would a normal WiFi card (Linksys WPC11) work in
a WiFi hot spot, for example the local Starbucks?

Any answers would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave
Auckland, New Zealand