Re: [NTLK] Powerbook and Newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 21:44:24 PDT

On Aug 18, 2004, at 7:12 PM, Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail wrote:

> In your opinion, what is the best PowerPC Powerbook to compliment the
> 2x00?
>
> I have been thinking of getting a powerbook to accompany my 2100, my
> mind is constantly changing.

I like Wallstreet. It's a great design, The trackpad and keyboard
complete put to shame all of apple's current offerings. It has built in
serial ports too :~)

Also it's extremely upgradeable and serviceable.

Look for the second generation (AKA PDQ). Make sure the screen hinges
don't feel wobbly before buying as this is a regular problem with these
units. about $100 per side to replace the hinge.

I run OSX (10.2.8) on a wallstreet 300Mhz with a triple boot to 9.2 and
8,6. I originally bought it for my girlfriend c1999 (now my wife) as a
school machine. She won't let me get rid of it, despite the PBG4... It
really is a nice computer.

my 2c
Marty