Re: [NTLK] Left handed users?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 21:43:34 PDT

On Aug 22, 2004, at 10:41 PM, Adam Tingle wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I was actually referring to the 'scroll'
> buttons that appear in apps like Courier. Or, if there is a way to
> make the button bar buttons activate the scroll arrow buttons, that
> would be great.

The problem is that the "left handed" feature that is built into the OS
is dependent upon the developers of applications to support it.
Unfortunately, I don't know of a single application that has support
for left-handed operation--including the built-in applications!

I will add, however, that I personally think that the 2K series are
more leftie friendly than the older models. Look where the stylus
holder is on the 2K series, vs. on the 1X0 series. Much better. Also,
if you hold the Newton in your right hand, the switch is conveniently
located for your index finger--or at least it is for mine. :-) Of
course, this is little consolation for the fact that no apps support
left-handed operation.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland