[NTLK] AW: AW: Organizing contacts?

From: Isaac (Newton_at_spymac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 12:49:00 PDT

Dan wrote:
> I have not tried it, but perhaps SBM Utitlies would clean out
> the extra slots if you don't have the extension in use at the time of
> running SBM?
> Also I seem to remember a names cleaner that would remove
> extra slots, but I can't recall the name at the moment.
Yes SBM utilities and SoupKitchen are really helpful to get rid of unwanted
crap from soups. Also all these synchronisation tools leave each their own
timestamp of the last synch. I´ve found up to 8 of them too in nearly all of
my soups. MI got a function to remove all leavings if you should ever want
to uninstall it.

Just another phatetic thought: Why does nearly no PEECEE and even Mac
programm allow this nearly unlimited linking? Why did never anyone develop a
multiple clipboard a la Newton for the desktop? We got drag&drop but why is
there no drag-it-to-the-screen-boarder-and-keep-it-there-until-pasted? The
copied items wouldn´t even occupy so much space on the desktop monitor as
they do on the Newton screen? Is maybe this idea patented?

Marco