[NTLK] eMate Screen Troubles (Anyone Know What's Wrong)

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 13:49:09 PDT

Just got my eMate today and lo and behold, I went to open it up only
to find half the screen "chopped up".. By this I mean 6 lines of
pixels will work flawlessly and then one line will not. The screen
still responds to touch screen however it is fairly difficult to to
read some text.

Is this by any chance the dreaded "hinge" problem?

I tried a hard-reset and while it didn't fix anything, I swear I got
at least one extra line of pixels back by doing this (however I'd bet
dollars to donoughts that this is a hardware issue).

She now remains open (permanently) on my desk.

--
Thank you kindly.
-Steele