Re: [NTLK] Jobs: Apple developed, but did not ship Apple PDA

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 11:29:16 PDT

On Aug 24, 2004, at 7:40 PM, RossO wrote:

> Apple doesn't do R&D like they used to. It looks like they only design
> what they ship. The only thing that we can assuage from this quote is
> the obvious. To assume that development on a PDA had happened is a
> guess, not fact.

Except there are hints that such development did take place. There are
patent applications (which restarted this whole thread in the first
place), supposed work contracts, repurposing of technologies, etc.
which point to the existence of something. So, it may be guess, but
it's educated guess. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland