Re: [NTLK] another SimpleMail question

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 09:19:38 PDT

Thomas A Isenbarger wrote:

> How do I tell SimpleMail where to store mail? On my Newton, I have a
> 32 MB CF card with 4 partitions. I have one partition that I want to
> dedicate to Mail, and I want SimpleMail to put all my mail there,
> keeping the internal store and heap free for snappy Newton response and
> behavior. I have tried moving the In/Out items storage (in
> Extras/Storage) to that partition, but I don't think this results in
> subsequent mail being stored there.

It will save to your default store. So go to Card in extras and check
the box "Store new info and packages on this card". Then that will be
the default store and your mail will be stored there. Keep in mind
though that apps can have a override to store it internally. Some do
some don't and it is usually user settable in the apps preferences. I
don't think that simple mail has this setting, but if it does it will be
in the in/out box preferences under simple mail.

Also only one card (or in this case partition) can be the default store
at one time. If you select another the previous one is no longer the
default store.

-Dan