Re: [NTLK] eudora for newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 10:11:30 PDT

> This is how POP will always work. Since the message is still on the
> server, and the newton doesn't have it, it will get downloaded and show
> as new again.
>
> IMAP will download the message the message, but if the IMAP client used
> before is fairly complete, the message will at least show as having been
> already read.
>
> Both of these will not download emails again that the client doesn't ask
> for. This means the client must know that it has already gotten the
> email, and typically that is the case only when the client still HAS the
> email. I don't know that any mail clients keep records of mails
> downloaded and disposed of.

Actually Simple Mail keeps track of email that has been downloaded. And
unless you have it set to "download all mail" it will only download the
mail since the last time. I believe the default is "download only new
mail". But if you want to keep it on the server so your laptop can
download it later, make sure you check "keep mail on server". The
default is to delete mail off sever. Both of these options are in the
preferences in the in/out box under simple mail.

Now I have not tired eudora so I can't say, but I would check in your
preferences and see if you have a setting for "download only new mail".

-Dan