[NTLK] Building Packages from Source

From: Richard Kilpatrick (dmc12_at_btconnect.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 15:42:01 PDT

I figured that since the source for More Wifi Cards is online, I could
probably add the description of the Agere/ORiNOCO myself. So I
downloaded all the Newton Development stuff, NTK 1.6.4b3 and 1.6.4, and
opened it up. The format looks sensible - should take all of five
seconds to add the description and build.

Wrong. The application I get doesn't work, and I'm getting two errors
regarding a global function which I'd have throught actually related to
the WLan driver.

What am I doing wrong?

Yes, I'm impatient to try this. I've been continually trying to make
this bloody wireless Newton idea work for my Newtons and failing to
find the right cards, etc. Now I can see that this card should work,
this driver should work, and I want it to work now!

Richard (at least my PowerMac 6400 is useful for something. Would make
a nice Newton Development box).

--
Tasty Other - Because Far Too Much in Life Makes Sense
Music for download - coming soon (RIP MP3.com)