Re: [NTLK] Newton virgin here, needing help...

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 20:11:13 PDT

> quick question: (This is gonna make me sound like a cheapskate) do I
> need to have network connectivity to sync my Newton? is it something i
> would rather not be without? Just trying to justify my expenses here...
> I do realize that the InterConnect port prolly won't be the most
> durable solution, so I should prolly get the wireless card...

Well you don't "need" network connectivity to sync. You can do that
with NCU and a desktop. But I agree the ICP is not the most durable
port. However unless you can get a network card really cheap, I would
suggest getting a SER-001 board that installs insde the Newton. They
are $50. On the other hand a network connection is usually much faster
than a serail one.

So you want to look at which option is best for you and what you want to
live with.

-Dan