Re: [NTLK] What next?

From: Martin Howard (mvhoward_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 23:56:06 PDT

On Aug 26, 2004, at 23:21, Sean Riddle wrote:

> Is something supposed to happen? The problem is that it could be that
> the SER-001 is not seated, or the cables don't work, or a software
> issue. Too many things to track at once.
>
> Any tips for a newbie?

I'm assuming you've checked things like drivers for OS X for the
USB->DB9 that you're using. I can't speak for the SER-001 that you've
installed, but I do know that you need a "null-modem" version of the
DB9->mini DIN-8 cable for it to work: it may be that the one you have
is a straight through design.

Check this out:

        http://www.nsbasic.com/newton/info/technotes/cable.html

M.