Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #484

From: Joel Pigdon (jtpigdon_at_students.latrobe.edu.au)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 03:48:27 PDT

On 27/08/2004, at 6:58 PM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> From: Martin Joseph <martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] is the Assist function useful?
> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:17:36 -0700
>

> On Aug 26, 2004, at 11:10 PM, Jon Glass wrote:
>
>> On Aug 26, 2004, at 8:37 PM, George Bingham wrote:
>>
>>> Yeah, you're right it's built in to the Newton, but to my knowledge
>>> it only becomes very workable when you add the extension that turns
>>> the volume up on the dialing tones it generates.
>>
>> Aha. But you know, I never had this problem on my 120 and 130. I don't
>> remember trying it with my 2100, so you may be right....
>
> It works ok for me with no special "extension" just hold the mic end
> of the phone directly in contact with the speaker end of the Newt
> (2000).
>
> Marty

I have long wondered about the speaker dialling abilities of the
newton, it was spoken about on all the advertising literature, I looked
for it on my MP120 and could find no trace of it, when I got my 2100 I
tried it on that with no luck, until I read in the manual that it only
works in certain locations, IE not Australia, I made a temporary US
location and the thing shows the speaker as an option in the call slip.
It seems weird that it is so restricted, Is there anyway to take it
off???

Joel