Re: [NTLK] More than one serial port

From: Goodwin, Greg (GoodwinG_at_aafes.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 11:35:59 PDT

Greg Goodwin
@><-- >------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net [mailto:newtontalk-
On Aug 27, 2004, at 9:02 AM, James Elliott wrote:

> Is there any way to add another serial port to the 2100? I've an
> SER-001, but I want to log into my ethernet hub via serial and use
> the keyboard at the same time.

Why not login to your ethernet via ethernet? :~)
That would leave the serial free for the keyboard...

Marty

I concur with this. The times I have dialed out the Newton or whatever
have been with ether a pcmcia modem or Ethernet card. I've tried
working with external modems, but not with much luck.

Greg Goodwin / Doctor Clu