Re: [NTLK] [k]racking ata-support

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 13:39:39 PDT

> can't believe none of you sods have [k]racked this one yet - yeah yeah don't
> bitch about piracy, i've heard it all.

Well I am not going to say much (I will let the others go into details)
but I will outline a few things:
1. It takes a LOT of work and he is still supporting it.
2. If you don't want to pay, then just get some linear cards, they still
work you know.
3. This driver was written at the root level and not in Newton Script.
Do you really think someone with these kind of skills to even *make* a
program like this wouldn't safeguard it with the same diligence? You
would need the same skills to crack it as he did to make it. So I doubt
you will able to crack it in any case.
4. Finally I bet you didn't realize that the author is a list
moderator? LOL I am sure you won't be posting anything ever again on
this list.

-Dan