Re: [NTLK] Slowdown.exe Not Necessary?

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 14:40:17 PDT

I've had quite a few questions regarding Slwodown.exe and I will give
you the gist of the situation...

When I run NCU, nothing else is running in the background apart from
various processes (but not a tremendous number of them).

In the tray I routinely have the following running:

Picasa
GMail Notifier
ActiveSync (Disabled)
HotSync

So, I'm not sure, perhaps I just lucked out, however I also tried this
with my eMate and likewise was able to easily connect with no
slowdown.exe running. As we speak, I just finished installing several
programs and the only things I have running are WMP and Firefox (3
instances), given my specs I should hardly think that would make my
system blink (not to mention I have nearly 20GB Pagefile!)

-St.