[NTLK] modem to modem :update

From: nelson (bnelson6_at_valuelinx.net)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 17:33:23 PDT

Have been trying to round up different modems to test with this set up.
I did just post a new line of info on wiki, " Your modem software needs
to have a way to allow you to manually answer from the pc side. or if
there is a way to have the modem wait for say a minute then answer that
should work too. I am currenttly looking into this i think that apple
had this sort of option on an older system. On the pc side i am not
sure. Anyone want to write some software to control the modem?

As of right now i have dialed up from the newton (direct phone line to
my laptops modem) have waited for up to a minute or two before answering
from the laptop, still connects. So we seem to have a pretty good window
of time to hit the connection here.
More to come.
Bryan