Re: [NTLK] Fw: ATA Support Issues

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 12:13:54 PDT

Steele Campbell wrote:

> I'm not sure abotu that, you'd likely have to ask Paul however I don't
> see why you couldn't freeze all the packages and open them up
> individually.
>
> In fact, taking this one step further, it might be possible to write
> an application that freezes every package on the card and only allows
> one to a max of say thirty packages open at any given time.

Yes you could do this. Although a easier method would be use software
like ICS's Newtscase with Extensions Manager. This tool allows you to
have "sets" of packages on which are frozen and which are off. One tap
and it will freeze the ones don't want, and thaw the ones you want to
use. Really slick app. I think there are other package manager tools,
but this is the one I have used for years.

Again, it is really best to make much smaller partitions. I mentioned
earlier why, but here is another good reason. Sometimes cards get
corrupted. It does not happen often but "stuff happens" somtimes. With
a smaller parittions, you just reformat and rebuild one parition rather
than the WHOLE 2gb card.

-Dan