Re: [NTLK] Borrowing a Card

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 05:39:07 PDT

Some listers have 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 and 32MB cards which they lend out
(either in person or by mailing to you) that contain the necessary
packages to get your Newton online without the cable. This is
especially useful if you happen to have a similar empty card and a
Newton 2k/2.1k since you can simply copy the packages over. Some of
the packages include Internet Enabler, drivers and web browser/e-mail
clients. Once you have these, you can then use a modem/ethernet card
and download the packages yourself off the Internet directly to your
Newton.

-St.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:22:38 -0500, Goodwin, Greg <goodwing_at_aafes.com> wrote:
> What do you mean borrow a card?
>
> Greg Goodwin

Thank you kindly.
-Steele