Re: [NTLK] [K]racking Newtchat

From: Tyler Smith (spam_at_fenestrated.net)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 09:15:13 PDT

>How old is that NewtChat? AOL's changed and blocked swathes of 3rd party
>clients a couple of times this year alone.
>
> True true. I used NewtChat when it first came out and it worked
>fairly well. Eventually it stopped working which was unfortunate. I
>was hoping he'd develop Yahoo chat. :)

I don't have my eMate working right now, but in a couple weeks I
should. If the author doesn't seem to be updating NewtChat, it might
not be too much of a problem to [K]rack NewtChat to work again, if
the problem is as simple as identifying ones's self as an AOL-sourced
client. I can't believe none of you sods has done it yet. (Just
kidding! ;-) )

Really, though, I might take a stab at it. Don't hold your breath,
but I personally REALLY want to use NewtChat on my newt, once it's up
and running.

Tyler