Re: [NTLK] The point of the software

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 08:52:14 PDT

> I would like to open the debate here. What is the point of the software
> in a PDA. Does anybody know some reference or publication above this?

Well first I would say that a grocery list is not a bad idea. The
reason is you can adjust it from week to week and probably have less
chance of forgetting something when making the list (you don't need to
create a list from scratch every time). Also some peoples handwriting
is so bad (like myself) that if rushed at all it is totally illegible
and useless. It is also the reason I put my notes on my Newt rather
than write them. Another reason is I can print them out, back them up
or send them to people if needed with a couple of taps. Otherwise I
would have to recopy the note and who knows if they can actually read it
or not anyway. But I am certain they can read my Newton created note. :)

Also another great use for a PDA is as a book reader. Then you always
have your library handy during a waiting situation and can put the time
to good use rather than just wasting it. Although this can apply to any
PDA application since it is always with you during these times of
waiting. I just prefer to read a book for a few minutes. ;)

-Dan