[NTLK] Great Lakes NUG Gathering! Sunday, April 17, 2005

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 13:07:47 PST

Attention people within a sane diving distance of Metropolitan Detroit!
This is an update on plans to hold a Regional Newton User Group Meeting in
Southeastern Michigan.
I succeeded in booking a nice, clean, safe meeting room adjacent to the local
community college. Visitors will be able to get their 'Net fix with free
Wi-Fi access, and we'll likely have other perks (at least of the java variety) as
well!

DATE: is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, April 17, 2005.

TIME: 1:00 - 5:00 .P.M.

LOCATION: Adjacent to Macomb College, M-59 and Garfield Roads, Clinton
Township, Michigan

I'm going to begin working on some ideas for presentations, but anyone is
welcome to present information of an educational nature. As part of the deal
with the host facility, I promised that I would consider having a presentation on
the use of disparate technologies. Newton certainly fits the bill well
enough, but I'd like to add information on things that would be useful for folks
w/o the latest and greatest PC or Mac or even OS.
(Example: "Utilizing Windows 95 in an XP World", or, "Getting the Most Value
Out of Your Old Software", etc. I could not snag a projector, but I am
hopeful that I'll find somebody that can help with physically presenting
information. At worst, I'll use my laptop and PowerPoint.

There may or may not be a telephone line available, but I will check to see
if we could use one for FAXing demos, for the less technically adept.

I'll be happy to provide travel maps and other information for those
considering making the drive from farther locales.

Feel free to contact me to contribute ideas, volunteer to present, RSVP, or
just plain gripe.
Thanks for the use of the bandwidth.

Warmest regards,

Matt K.