Re: [NTLK] Sony/Ericsson GC83 connection help

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 14:08:17 PST

On Dec 5, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Brian Fowler wrote:

> <snip>
> I put the card into the Newton, and it says that the "Communications
> card is recognized". What I am looking for now, is some guidance about
> drivers or scripts to allow this card to be usable.
Hmmm,

I wonder why the cingular guy was so positive about this working with
Newton? Seems odd.

If the device appears basically as a serial port connected item, you
can probably use a standard "generic" internet setup, and a login
script.

I connect through various SE phones(via GPRS) by using an internet
setup that uses PPP and a login script that looks like this:

ATDT*98*3#
Send CR (THIS IS THE PARAGRAPH SYMBOL ON THE NEWT)
Wait for CONNECT
Done

Let us know how it goes...

Reverse engineering your windows setup (ie looking at how that uses the
card) might be very helpful.

Marty

PS I wonder if when you get this going you will have disconnection
problems due to PPP echo packets?