[NTLK] MP 2000 or 2100

From: Andreas Nijenhuis (Andreas.nijenhuis_at_laposte.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 22:57:35 PST

Hello Stephen,

I just switched from a MP 2000 to a 2100 (well, actually an upgraded
2000). I'm amazed to what extent thing go better, and faster.

In fact, I had error messages all the time. Now, those disappeared (at
least almost, it is still a Newton!) and retrieving mail and so on is
faster than before.

I think it's worth trying to get a upgrade.

In the meanwhile, you may simply freeze all the packages you don't need
(with SAI freezing options, you can unfreeze with a single tap, and
there's an option to re-freeze on quit automatically) to save heap memory.

Storing extra packages on an external card is also a good idea.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your Newton!

Andreas

Le mercredi 8 d=E9cembre 2004, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net
(newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net) a =E9crit :