[NTLK] Errors with SimpleMail 4.3.2 (-48402 and -8007)

From: Peter Rand (peter.rand_at_softhome.net)
Date: Sat Dec 11 2004 - 11:52:04 PST

Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions to help me deal with the following problem:

Over the last few days I've installed a bunch of new apps on my Newt,
and now I am unable to route
Notes or NewtWorks texts to my Outbox or send items from the Outbox via
SimpleMail 4.3.2.
When I do, I get consistent -48402 and -8007 errors. So while I can
receive mails, I am now unable
to send them.

The apps I've installed include the latest version of SimpleMail,
Hiroshi's 802.11b WaveLAN driver
and other things needed to make the WiFi card work, like "NIE Ethernet
Module" and "Newton Devices".

I searched the archives for comments about -48402 and -8007 errors, and
found the item below. Interestingly
enough, the errors which were encountered also involved a WLan card and
Simplemail. I tried deleting my wireless/ethernet
setup as Chris Fava recommended, but that doesn't seem to fix the
routing error/mail sending problems.

I'd be grateful for any advice, since I'm at a complete loss at what to
do now.

Thanks,

Peter