Re: [NTLK] connecting to a pc

From: tsluyter_at_xs4all.nl
Date: Mon Dec 27 2004 - 14:09:34 PST

> I had great luck in a similar situation by cutting a standard Mac
> printer cable(8-pin mini_DIN) in half, then soldering a the proper
> DB-9 on the cut end. I can probably come up with the pinout with a
> bit of earching.

This cable is _exactly_ what the "The Monkey" website (which was discussed
yesterday, or the day before) describes. However, keep in mind that the
author probably got a few of the pin numbers mixed up.

So dig through the last couple of days worth of messages to find a nice
(if perhaps not 100% accurate) tutorial.

Cheers!

Thomas Sluyter
the Netherlands

Cailin's little den on the web -> http://www.xs4all.nl/~tsluyter