Re: [NTLK] Epson Stylus Color 1520 and Newton

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 2004 - 06:53:03 PST

> Has anyone had any luck getting the Epson Stylus color 1520 to accept
> jobs from the Newton over the serial interface?

Well not over the serial interface and I don't suspect it is possible
unless you write a new driver on the Newt side. The PrintPack cable and
driver on the Newt is what makes it possible. I know it works fine with
my Epson Stylus Photo 750 and 1280 without any problems. But again this
is on the paraell interface.

Another thing that works is via Soft PrintPack. It is a little slower
than one probably expects (but then the Newt is doing all the printing
work), but you don't have to unplug your printer cable and plugin in the
PrintPack every time you want to print.

-Dan