Re: [NTLK] Charged, yet not charged...and got ethernet?

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 07:17:01 PST

Matthew Middlebrooke wrote:

> Hi--
> I have a MP2100..sweet machine however I'm confused on how
> it charges. It says (while the adapeter is connected) the
> capacity is 91%, but as soon as I take the ac power away it
> jumps to 29%. This is after about an 1 hr 30min worth of
> charging. The battery was being charged after it was fully
> discharged. I do have a battery pack in it.
> This is frustrating because it gives me like a half hour
> of usability(disconnected from the adapter).
> Second my mac will not open the ethernet port...I get an
> error message saying to check the network cable(s)....any
> ideas?

Try this to get some more information about what's going on:

-Install Avi's Backdrop 1.30:
http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/backdrops/AvisBackdrop/

-Once it's running, tap on the battery meter at the top, you'll get a pop-up
with all kinds of status info about the Newton's power.

-With the AC disconnected, the Charge State should say 'discharging'.
-Now plug the AC in. After a few seconds, the charge state should say
'fastCharging' and the charge current should have a value (around 500 on my
2100). Also, AC Power will change to 'yes' and AC Voltage should be around 6V.

Check these and if anything is different from what I described, let us know
what it is!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html