[NTLK] Belgian Newton Users Group in Brussels on Saturday 31st January 2004 ....

From: Ronnie Simon (ronnie_simon_at_uk.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:30:08 PST

The most cosmopolitan Newton User's Group so far !

Karel Jansens - The Belgian
Thomas Hart - The Canadian-Belgian
Elizabeth Garlick - The British-Belgian
Robert Benschop - The Dutch
Paul Guyot - The French
Daniel Padilla - The Spanish
Ronnie Simon - The British

We started at 10am and finished at 10pm !

We all had a great time and some of the live demonstrations and stimulating
discussion topics were (too numerous to mention all):

   How to transferThomas's Voicenotes recordings to the Desktop using
   Binhexer and potentially eScale
   How to boost the output from Daniel's audio dongle on Elizabeth's Newton
   using "the Boosteroo" appliance
   How to change the settings on Windows NTK to handle large MP3
   conversions
   Newton package transfers between Paul's Powerbook (in ad-hoc Airport
   mode) and Ronnie's Newton in appletalk mode
   Paul's Powerbook with Panther and Escale in WiFi infrastructure mode
   conversing with Ronnie's Newton using tcpip
   Daniel upgraded Ronnie's and Elizabeth's accelerated Newtons with
   PCBMAN's SER-001s
   Robert upgraded Ronnie's emate with the new PCBMAN memory expansion kit
   Elizabeth's Stowaway keyboard with Daniel's cable and also Doug Parker's
   Newtway adapter driving Elizabeth's Newton
   Internal examination of Robert's emate
   Eliminating the "Hinge problem" on Robert's emate
   Internal examination of Elizabeth's accelerated Newton
   Daniel's "Blue Newton"
   Setting up and demonstrating the new Blunt Bluetooth capability on
   Ronnie's Newton and Robert's T68i mobile phone (not completed)
   Practical Newton enhancemnt plans over the next few years - Karel's
   "Brain in the Box"
   Robert's highspeed note taking technique using "sktetches mode" and
   "defered translate to text mode"
   Daniel's hints and tips on the Newton's time zone application
   Daniel's tip on setting daylight savings on the Newton
   Daniel's tip on how to increase the text paragraph sizes in Newtscape
   for reading ebooks

This has set the standard for all other Newton User Group meetings to
match.

"Finally group therapy that fits" - Thomas
"We need to make these meetings a few days longer" - Daniel

 Thank you again Elizabeth for organising this and everyone else for
travelling from a far to attend (Jean-Loup we missed you !).

The photos from the session will be available shortly.
-------
            Ronnie Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html