Re: [NTLK] Escale -28009 errors

From: Joshua Johnston (joshua_at_bowdownbefore.us)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 23:07:42 PST

I hadn't heard of the nightly package, and am kinda curious as to why a
rather old version is the one you're suggesting? I did replace the
TCP/IP Dock module with 1.1. I'm downloading it now, albeit... very,
very slowly. At this rate I might have it sometime tomorrow morning
after I wake up.

I had read that you were without Powerbook for a while, and Escale
development was put on hold for that. (If I recall correctly) I was
quite surprised to see it existing when I picked up the Newton and
checked out various Newton sites while trying to make sure it didn't
befall the same fate as my roommate's neglected iPaq 3150 (totally flat
battery after sitting unused for 6 months).

It's a little tricky to come in as a "new" Newton owner, to be honest.
I've been around mostly lurking and posting rarely in the past, but it
really seems like 90% of the Newton related sites out there have badly
out of date information. There are a lot of places with 1/4 the
information someone really needs to put things together, but I really
think things like Escale, TCP/IP Dock and other items need a single page
that describes not only what they are, but how to get them onto a Newton
and set things up.

Eh, pardon my rant. It's late, I'm tired, and I really think a 'New
Owners' site, if not just a page, might be a damn fine thing to help
what I can almost see to be sort of a Newton Renaissance.