[NTLK] URL's registered and plans for such

From: rminton_at_commscope.com
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 07:17:00 PST

I've just registered the domains "newtonlegacy.com" and
"newtonlegacy.org". My hope is to make contact with as many sources of
abandoned/discontinued Newton software as possible and arrange with the
owners to act as a distributor. I want to do this so that as much of the
software available for the Newton that can not be legally distributed
through UNNA or registered can become and remain available.
My idea is to supply the final released versions of the software with the
understanding that no further development on the software is taking place.
 The owners/authors of the software will retain all rights to the software
(which will actually be reinforced if distribution is current), receive
royalties from the sale and not have to be bothered with supplying support
or coordinating sales. This would be similar to what has been done with
Tactile but I hope to consolidate many sources of software under one roof.

I am not looking to profit from this beyond possibly a small amount going
towards hosting costs of the web site. What I do need is for the
newtontalk list to try to contact as many software/abandonware
sources/authors as possible and help me get in touch with them to discuss
distributing their software.

Your help is essential in this task and any suggestions on how to approach
this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html