Re: [NTLK] [OT] Threaded Mail in Panther (was: Phew!)

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 07:59:51 PST

I used to hate that too - until I found that I could navigate with the
keyboard - right arrow expands a thread, and will automatically select
the oldest unread email in the thread.

Up and down arrows will navigate within the thread, and the left arrow
key will collapse it again - MUCH faster than clicking your way
through.

(this assumes that the input focus is the email list - if you click in
the email itself to scroll with the arrow keys it won't work - so a
scroll wheel mouse of some sort comes in handy!)

On Feb 5, 2004, at 6:24 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On 5-feb-04, at 11:42, Martin Joseph wrote:
>> You don't need to turn it on more then once in my experience. First
>> select the proper inbox assuming there is more then one. Then just say
>> Organize by thread from the view menu. Next time you start mail and
>> select the same inbox it will still be displayed by thread
>
> Sorry, my fault. Didn't mean turning it on, because you're right, ti
> stays turned on. Meant that I have to keep selecting the 'Expand all
> threads' or have to keep clicking those little arrows.
> As a spoiled Newton user I hate extra interface clicks of course ;-)
>

> Robert Benschop
>
> --
> inquiries
> List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html