Re: [NTLK] eMate IRDA question

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 09:17:16 PST

On 05/02/04 12:10, "Eric Engle" <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, so the eMate 300 uses O.S. 2.1
> Does that means it could be outfitted the IRDA driver updates so it could use
> the more modern IRDA protocol (I think it is ASK)?
> Namely I have some friends with PalmPilots. I would like to be able to beam
> books back and forth. Does the palm have a newtonbook emulator? I understand
> that NewtScape can read palm books...
>
> Does anyone have IRDA experience and/or Palmbook/Newtonbook transfer
> experience
> they would be willing to share? (If I can return the favor somehow just ask!)
>
> Thanks in advance!

If you get BackTalk from Smart Dog Software <http://www.smartdogsw.com/>,
you'll be able to exchange information with Palm users using the infrared.
AFAIK, the infrared protocol on the eMate is a subset of IrDA. ASK was from
Sharp and never took off the ground as a standard...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html