Re: [NTLK] [ANN] SimpleMail Update

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 00:40:16 PST

I'm a bit new to IMAP so pardon me if I sound a bit ignorant of the obvious:

Firstly, I thought IMAP allowed emails to be viewed without being downloaded
so why is a larger CF card needed?

Secondly, being a little ignorant of IMAP I checked if my ISP offered it and
it does but at an extra charge. My ISP also offers webmail (for no
additional charge) so I can view and manage email from a webpage. If that
is the case, what is the advantage of having IMAP? Aren't I economically
better off to use one of the Newton Browser and a dial-up connection through
a modem to handle email since it doesn't incur any additional charges from
my ISP (and assuming that I already have a suitable modem)? TIA

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
Oh dear... my only problem is I think I'll need to get another CF card to
store my mail...

The 64MB card wouldn't be enough, especially not partitioned...
[snip]

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html