Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Anil (anil_at_thisiswhatwedo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 04:12:17 PST

Yes yes, you are Mac users. Macintosh in the sense of ease of use,
appropriate technology for the use, human first computer second. The
Macintosh did this and so does the Newton.

So if you you think the Mac and the Newton are not related then I think
you are missing the point. They both get out of the way, and they both
let you get on with what you need to do as efficiently as possible. The
Newton OS is the Mac philosophy in your hand.

It is no coincidence that both products come from Apple, so perhaps my
generic use of the term “Mac” is a bit confusing. Look at what happens
when you try to take a desktop OS and squeeze it down to fit on a
handheld.

It doesn't work.

So semantics aside, Apple, Mac, Newton, I think we have a lot more in
common than we may think.

At least the Newton platform is one of choice, I will hazard a guess
that at least half of the Windows users on this list use windows
because they have too for one reason or another.

Out of all the desktop OS's out there, overall Mac OSX is the best
hands down, not the most widely used but the best. And with the rumours
of the Kernel change to Linux, things are going to get even better and
bigger.

Kindest regards

Anil K Solanki
United Kingdom, MP 2100, MP 130