Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 07:59:08 PST

>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:14:36 +0100
>From: =?windows-1252?Q?Jochen_Sch=E4fer?= <js.josch_at_gmx.de>
>
>Anil wrote:
> > The Newton OS is the Mac philosophy in your hand.
>No, it is not. What Apple did was not transferring MacOS in a smaller
>box. They completely developed a new paradigma. NOS IS definitely NOT MacCE.

Anil said this is is about philisophy, not paradigm. NOS is an entirely different approach than MacOS (<10), but that does not mean that the philosophy of providing a highly efficient but unobtrusive tool is not the basis for both products. Otherwise you are right, but while NOS is not MacOSCE, OSX is NOS XL in many ways. Go have a look, you will recognize a lot.

Oliver :)

--
"The possibilities are endless. I love that."  - Jonathan Ive
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html