Re: [NTLK] Landware Review: QuickNames Pro

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 09:01:12 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Benschop
Date: Friday, February 06, 2004 3:58 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Landware Review: QuickNames Pro
On 6-feb-04, at 4:15, Dan wrote:
> Actually the standard Names app always has does this (just tap the
> little
> phone icon next to the number). I use this all the time when I make a
> call,
> so nothing new there.

AFAIK Names won't let you do this in one tap, it takes at least three,
two to dial and one to 'hang up'
I just tried (weird to see that crappy and small in landscape Names
interface again after all these years) and got taken to calls which
made it 4 taps as a whole (hanging up and choosing the reason why).
Or actually six taps in case you tap the bottom right corner instead of
'Hang Up' by accident...
Ahh ok. I thought you ment it opened the routing call slip (which Names
normally does). So it just opens calls and dials directly without that
slip. One thing to note though, is you can make a call in 2 taps by taping
on the phone icon and if you have the log check mark off and you tap call,
it will just dial without going to Calls app. Which will save you the
hanging up etc, but of course not log the call.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html