Re: [NTLK] Mail V, IMAP and Rogers.com

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 19:12:31 PST

On Feb 6, 2004, at 3:20 PM, ADyson wrote:

> Yep it sucks. I just checked with Rogers Tech support and they claims
> they have no plans at the
> moment to offer IMAP on their hi-speed accounts.

You can always host your own imap server... That's what I do. This is
a super solution since it allows you to keep a backup of you all your
mail (the server) while reading what you will from any clients you need
too (ie Mac/PC/Web/cell phone/Newton/whatever).

Imap is clearly the superior direction as far as mail servers go...

POP is kind of brain dead.

Marty

PS I am using OSX Server (10.1.5 on older unsupported hardware
(PM8500)) for my imap rig.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html