[NTLK] Newton with Ethernet Bridge

From: John Osborne (tooz_at_oceanatlas.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 21:16:20 PST

I have a MP2100 connected via a serial dongle to a LocalTalk cable
(mini-round plug at each end) plugged into a Asante EtherPrint/LT
Ethernet Bridge. The Bridge is plugged into a hub on my network. I have
used Internet Setup from Extras to assign a manual IP address to the MP
(192.168.0.77), a router address (192.168.0.1), a DNS server address
(192.168.0.2) to a LocalTalk connection. I set up a Mac OS 9 machine
with the same settings and was successful browsing the web and seeing
my LocalTalk printe so the IP addresses are correct. I have set
AppleTalk up to use LocalTalk. After all this, nothing seems to happen.
To be honest, I'm not sure what to expect but I thought I might be able
to connect with my Mac by choosing connect- LocalTalk from the Dock.
The Mac is running NCU and listening on the AppleTalk port which is set
to ethernet. I also expected to se my LT printer and actually print
something to it. So should this configuration work? I wouldn't mind
avoiding buying an ethernet card if this should work. TIA

oz

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html