Re: [NTLK] [OT] Sudden monitor death

From: Chris Edwards (wenchris_at_gotadsl.co.uk)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 03:09:50 PST

On crt monitors they use eht to drive the tube, you have to be careful
about temperature changes, specifically going from cool to warm, if the
glass is cool and you introduce warm air it tends to condense on the
glass with the result that eht tracks down the back (inside the case)
and strains the eht generator circuits, last tome I did this I had the
screen display go small, a whine and pop then acrid smoke from the top
of a chip and a dead monitor, even if you get away with it you might
shorten its life!
Chris
England (ish)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html